Tineco is quickly becoming one of the major players in the cordless vacuum industry. They now boast a full lineup of powerful stick models including their a10, a11, and Pure One smart vacuums. These cleaners are built to handle all floor types with enough power to deep clean your entire household. The latest battery technology (more on that in a minute) gives you longer ‘fade free’ suction power so you can freely move from room to room. But despite all of that, it’s the Smart capabilities of the S11 and S12 that really stand above the rest!
We will compare the S11 and S12 cordless vacuums to see why this technology has come as far as it has, while also highlighting the main differences between these 2 models. It’s important to note that the battery technology has experienced the fastest amount of growth in the home cleaning industry in recent years. You can now get as much power from a lightweight cord-free model as you would from a much heavier corded upright. The advantages cannot be overstated and a big reason why there are so many new brands to choose from. Now let’s look at 2 of the very best from Tineco:
Tineco Pure One S11 Features
The Tineco Pure One S11 uses their Smart Sensor technology to provide an upgraded intelligent cleaning experience over their popular a11 Master models. This is unique in the vacuum industry as their iLoop™ sensor will actually detect hidden dust and dirt particles and automatically adjust the suction as needed. The machine will only use as much power as is needed which results in battery savings. This is just one of the many unique features found on the S Series of cordless vacuums. Here are some of the other main highlights:
- All In One LED Display is a large easy to read screen showing dirt level, Wi-Fi connection status, and alerts for clogging or blockages
- Smart Battery Management in a detachable 2500 mAH lithium ion pack that provides up to 40 minutes of runtime depending on the power settings
- Smart App Integration lets you connect to the Tineco smart phone app to give you real time monitoring, reports, reminders, and technical support
- Ultra Quiet Operation via their Smart Noise optimization to lower the output to as low as 72 decibels during use
- Max Power Mode will provide as much as 130 watts of suction power for quick and deep cleaning of stubborn areas
- Fully Sealed HEPA Filtration comes with 4 different stages to trap over 99% of allergens down to 0.3 microns in size
- Filter Cleaning Tool makes cleaning the filter quick and easy to help keep suction high throughout each vacuuming session
Tineco Pure One S12 Features
The Tineco S12 cordless vacuum is very similar to the S11 mentioned above. It too comes with their built-in artificial intelligence to optimize power settings and battery management in a much more efficient manner than any person can (just like the popular Dyson V11). It is the wave of the future in the home vacuum industry, hot on the heels of the cordless breakthrough. The battery technology has improved in such a dramatic way that you can now clean your entire home including all floor types on a single charge. Here is a quick rundown of the main features of the Pure One S12:
- Embedded Dirt Eradication as the iLoop sensor will automatically adjust suction and the power is delived via 145 watts which rivals any full sized upright
- All In One LED Display keeps you up to date on battery level, Wi-Fi status, power level/mode, and other runtime alerts
- Tineco Smart App Integration lets you use your phone to monitor cleaning progress, maintenance tasks, and helpful reports to make sure the S12 is cleaning at peak performance
- Touch Screen Control where you can adjust the power and switch from Auto to Manual mode with a quick swipe of your finger
- Smart Filter Cleaning will clean your filter instantly to keep suction power uninterrupted and clogging non-existent
- Smart Noise Optimization automatically reduces noise to as low as 71 decibels so you don’t disturb sleeping children or pets
- Lightweight And Versatile as the S12 will quickly convert to a handvac for all floor to ceiling cleaning applications
- Direct Drive LED Power Brush with built-in torque motor for deep cleaning of all carpets
Now that you know a bit about the S11 and S12, let’s take a look at the main categories to highlight their similarities and key differences.
It should be no surprise that the heart of the S11 and S12 vacuums is the Smart technology. When a company like Tineco focuses on using various technologies to automatically adjust the vacuum cleaner the results are an easier experience for the user in a much more efficient manner. Like we mentioned above, both these cordless cleaners have an Auto mode which automatically adjusts suction as you transition across different floor types. The iLoop™ sensor also can detect embedded dust mites automatically and increase suction to pull them up. This is important because these microscopic allergens like dust mites and pet dander are unseen by the eye.
The Smart App Integration is also found on both the S11 and S12. You can connect your vacuum via Wi-Fi and immediately get the benefits of monitoring, reminders, and even technical help. Plus you can access reports that show you your cleaning times as well as power settings over time. Having this kind of information is great for those who want to optimize their own cleaning schedule and keep their cordless stick vacuum operating like new.
Tineco cordless vacuums come with removable lithium ion batteries that provide fade-free power for long periods of use. However, there are key differences between what you get depending on the Pure One model you choose. The S11 and S11 Tango come with one 2500 mAh battery pack that provides between 10 and 40 minutes of runtime depending on the power setting. On Auto you can expect around 30 minutes or so which is usually enough to clean an entire household but this will depend largely on square footage and floor type.
The S12 has a couple different models that give you a choice of the type of batteries you get. The S12 and Pro Ex come with two 2500 mAh batteries that are rated to give you as much as 100 minutes when both are fully charged. This is great for larger homes or those with a lot of carpets. The extra power and longer runtime is perfect to get all the cleaning done at once. The S12 M model comes with slightly smaller batteries (2000 mAh) which can still give you about 80 minutes or so on full charges. These are of course removable so you can charge one while you are vacuuming with the other.
Filtration is another area that the Tineco Pure One really shines at. Both come with a 4 stage fully sealed HEPA filtration system that will trap more than 99% of the smallest allergens inside. The 4 stages consist of:
- Cyclone system to separate the larger particles
- Mesh filter to block hairs along with larger dust and dirt
- Pre filter to remove fine dust
- HEPA filter to trap microscopic allergens down to 0.3 microns and to expel fresh air
The iLoop™ dust sensor actually works hand in hand with the filters by sensing when there is embedded dirt in the carpet. It will automatically increase suction until it is pulled up into the machine, letting the filtration take over. It’s a really smart design and one of the best features found on the Pure One cordless series.
Suction power is an important consideration for any vacuum (cordless or corded) that is designed to clean all floor types including carpeting. A typical full sized upright can produce more than 100 air watts of power at the floor head which is enough to pull up most of the dust particles. Obviously the higher you go the deeper you can clean your carpets. The S11 is rated as high as 130 air watts when the Max Power mode is used. While using Max Mode will drain the battery quicker, it is so powerful that you won’t need it for more than a few seconds.
And as impressive as the power of the Pure One S11, the S12 will actually produce even more: as much as 145 air watts on the highest setting! This is close to what the ultra powerful Dyson V11 produces and is enough to leave virtually no dirt behind no matter what type of floor you are vacuuming. And when you consider all of the Smart technology that is built in, optimizing battery and power output, you can see how effective it is at cleaning your home. Tineco has really raised the bar in their already robust cordless lineup.
It should be pretty evident by now that the Tineco Pure One S11 and S12 are both fully capable of cleaning all types of floors. Our recommendation is if you have a small to medium sized home to go with the S11. The single battery should be enough to get your through a session and you can always buy an extra later on if needed. One caveat is if you have mostly medium to high pile carpets then the extra power of the S12 would be worth the cost. To check current pricing on the S11 at our recommended online supplier, click here.
And for those who have a larger home and would benefit from 2 batteries (and more power), it makes sense to purchase one of the S12 models. The LED screen has more to display, you get more power, and a longer runtime. It’s a bit more expensive but worth it under the right circumstances, or if you are a technology junkie who loves all the extra Smart capabilities it offers. Click here to go to our favorite ecommerce store for pricing and other consumer reviews.