The Tineco FLOOR ONE S3 and the iFLOOR3 are very similar wet dry cleaners that can vacuum and mop in the same step. Gone are the days when you would have to pull the broom and dust pan out first to remove any debris before using the manual mop on your hard floors. Innovative companies like Tineco, Bissell, and Hoover have built machines that can do all of this in only one convenient pass. This not only saves you time but also saves you energy as these lightweight vacuums take almost no effort to use.
One important characteristic that both the iFLOOR3 and S3 share is they are cordless with lithium ion battery technology. These batteries provide fade-free performance for an extended period of time (more on that below). The advantage over a corded cleaner is huge as you can freely move around your home without constantly looking for an electric outlet. Once you use a lightweight cordless vacuum cleaner you will never want to go back to the large, cumbersome corded machines of years past.
Quick Comparison Chart
When comparing these two Tineco cordless wet dry vacuums you will see there are more similarities than differences. Here are the features you can expect from either of these 2 machines:
- Vacuum and Wash the tough messes on your hard floors in one easy step. These include sealed wood, tile, vinyl, laminate, linoleum, and marble flooring.
- Lithium Ion Battery Technology provides fade free power with a decent runtime. While there are slight differences in the runtime and battery optimization (see below) they are both cordless with advanced batteries.
- Self Cleaning is hands off and makes it much easier to clean the machine when you are finished. This is accomplished by docking the vacuum and activating the self cleaning mode.
- Powerful Brushless Motors are found on both cleaners to give you ample power without the excessive noise found on larger corded models.
- Two Tank Design keeps formula and clean water separate from dirty water. This makes sure you are cleaning the floors with only fresh water.
- Multi Functional Docking Station will re-charge, self clean, and keep all of your accessories organized. Tineco designed this to be compact and functional, to make sure your floor washer is ready to go when you need it.
- Pivoting Floor Head provides an extra level of maneuverability so you can move around objects with little effort.
- HEPA Filters remove microscopic allergens from the air to give you another layer of protection. This means the air being expelled is cleaner and healthier to breathe in, especially for those with indoor allergies.
- Lightweight Design of just under 10 pounds means you can easily carry either the S3 or the iFLOOR3 up and down the stairs.
While we just demonstrated that there are quite a few similarities between the iFLOOR3 and S3 models there are also some distinct differences. The first is the display as the iFLOOR3 has a functional digital display showing the battery level, any blockage indicators, the current power setting, and other diagnostic alerts. It quickly gives you insight into the state of the vacuum cleaner.
The FLOOR ONE S3 has an All In One LED display which shows various status settings including dirt and battery levels, current suction power, WiFi signal strength, and any warnings for machine malfunctions. It is a much brighter and modern design with an easy to see screen.
They also both have lithium ion batteries but the runtimes vary slightly. The iFLOOR3 is rated to produce about 25 minutes under typical cleaning conditions while the S3 can go for approximately 35 minutes. Part of this is attributed to a slightly larger battery but the Smart battery management helps as well.
Also, the S3 has a lot of Smart Technology built right in but what exactly does that mean? Keep reading to find out how this technology can really transform any wet dry vacuum into an almost hands free cleaner that only needs someone to turn it on and steer it! This is precisely what the “S” in the name stands for.
S3 Smart Technology
Smart capabilities means that there are certain aspects of the FLOOR ONE S3 that allow it to virtually run itself:
- iLoop™ Smart Sensor will detect the amount of wet or dry mess and automatically adjust the suction and water flow. This gives you the optimal amount of performance for only as long as you need it.
- Smart App Integration connects you to the Tineco app for real time performance monitoring, maintenance reminders, troubleshooting tips, and technical support.
- Smart Battery Management as the S3 knows exactly how much power to put down and when to go into conservation mode. Your battery will only drain as fast as needed so there is no waste of a charge.
- Voice Assistant gives you updates as you clean in real time. These include performance status, power level, internal blockages, and other operational information.
Here is a quick video that demonstrates the many built-in features of this Tineco vacuum mop!
The Tineco iFLOOR3 vs FLOOR ONE S3 choice you have is actually a straightforward one. For those households that only want a high quality, capable wet dry vacuum without a lot of the latest technology then the iFLOOR3 is the recommended choice. It can wash and vacuum your floors just about as good as the S3 but just doesn’t have the Smart features listed above. You get a powerful, cordless motor with self cleaning and dual tanks to make your job pretty easy from start to finish. It’s one of the best values for the money, especially if you have many hard floors in your home. Click here to check current pricing at our recommended online supplier.
But for those homes who are looking for the latest technology including Smart app integration then it makes sense to pay a little more for the S3. The iLoop sensor makes operating it in Auto mode a simple experience and the battery management system will keep your batteries lasting longer than the competition. It is truly a modern cleaning machine that can satisfy even the most tech savvy owners. For more information including prices and online consumer reviews, click here to go to our favorite ecommerce site.