The Tineco S5 is a lightweight cordless wet dry vacuum with built-in smart technology. It is designed to automatically detect dirt and other debris from your hard floors, vacuum them up, and then mop the surface until clean. All of this is done in one step which not only saves you time but also effort as you don’t have to pull out multiple cleaners to accomplish what the S5 does all by itself. It truly is one of the most advanced machines in their growing cordless lineup.
For this review we will go over the main features and go over the main differences between the models. While they all have the same basic functionality there are subtle things that set them apart. It’s important to know these before making your buying decision. At that point you will be informed enough to determine which Floor One S5 is the best choice for your home. Now let’s jump into the main features that you will get with this innovative combo vacuum mop!
S5 Standard Features
- 2 in 1 Vacuum and Mop means the S5 will sweep, vacuum, and mop all in one step. This is estimated to cut your overall cleaning time in half when compared to using multiple machines. Plus the rechargeable lithium ion batteries provide fade-free power for extended cleaning sessions.
- Smart Capabilities include their iLoop™ Smart Sensor technology that automatically detects wet and dry debris and other messes. It will adjust the suction power, roller speed, and water flow to optimize the cleaning ability and save battery life. It is virtually hands-free during use.
- Full Color LED Display lets you monitor various aspects of the S5 with their easy to read iLoop display. There is a color ring around the LED screen that goes from Red to Blue to let you know the surface is clean. Additionally you can tell the amount of power that is left in the battery.
- High Capacity Water Tanks when compared to their ifloor models. You get about 0.8L in each tank to provide continuous fresh water cleaning. Combine this with about 35 minutes of continuous runtime and you will be able to do large areas of your home without stopping.
- Self Cleaning via the push button cycle will automatically remove all dirt and hair from the brush roller and tube, completely hands-free. There is also a pet hair strainer to further catch animal hairs, especially useful for homes with multiple pets.
- Ultra Maneuverability with a lightweight body, swivel steering design, optimized handle height, and an ergonomically designed grip. This makes this floor cleaner easy to operate for extended periods of time, with virtually no physical effort.
- Enhanced Edge Cleaning lets you clean right up against the baseboard. The specially designed brush head won’t leave streaks on the wall while still cleaning those hard to reach areas. This is one thing that demonstrates the attention to detail that Tineco is known for.
- Whisper Quiet Operation with their brushless cordless motor, noise optimized air channel, self regulating suction power, and soft brush roll. You will hardly disturb a sleeping child while vacuuming and washing your floors with the Floor One S5.
Here is a quick video from Tineco that demonstrates just how capable this combination cordless vacuum and mop really is:
S5 Pro Model
The S5 Pro model has all of the main features listed above but with a couple of nice additions. The first and most impressive is the vivid color 3D animation built right into the iLoop™ display. This is a very intuitive and enhanced way of displaying the status of the floor and just how much more cleaning is required. You still get all of the feedback that was mentioned above but in a unique and crisp manner. It’s almost fun using the Pro and just watching how the 2.1 inch LCD comes to life.
Another key difference between the base model and the Pro is the 3 different suction modes. You can use Auto Mode for the usual cleaning applications, Max Mode for those tough messes that need an extra boost, and Suction Mode to strictly vacuum without the need for a mop. This lets you clean up liquids and other debris without the need to use water and cleaning solution. You have quite a bit of flexibility for all types of floors with the Pro. Think of it as a Smarter and more capable floor cleaner for those households that need the extra technology.
S5 Combo Model
Their S5 Combo configuration is a little more unique. This model is a slimmed down cordless wet dry when compared to their base S5. It has smaller water tanks and a lower runtime, but it comes with the addition of a fully functional onboard handvac. You can use this smaller vacuum to remove dry messes from all surfaces including furniture, bedding, stairs, and even curtains. This is a great offering for those slightly smaller homes that would do fine with the lower capacity batteries but with the additional machine.
You do get all of the same iLoop™ Smart capabilities, separate water tanks with continuous fresh water flow, enhanced edge cleaning, and “hands-free” maintenance but in a more compact size. It is slightly cheaper than the standard S5 as well so it is deserving of a look to see if it suits your needs. The charging station holds everything including the hand vac and makes sure the battery is ready to go when you are.
The Tineco S5 is all about the latest Smart technology. Their iLoop™ sensor and display combine to not only alter the power settings when you are vacuuming but also to show you everything you need to know about the vacuum cleaner. The machine detects wet vs dry messes, and will even update the amount of water flow for you. All you need to worry about is passing the S5 over the various dirty areas of your floor in an even manner! Tineco has built-in technology to help make it easier to clean all your floors.
The Floor One also has a voice assistant and Smart Phone app connectivity. The app will constantly monitor the vacuum performance to provide real-time updates, guidance, and other maintenance reminders. You can even check the battery status but not sure how useful that is when it displays right on the S5 itself. Overall though, this is a huge step forward for the industry and a welcome improvement over the prior generation of combo wet/dry vacuums.
Wet Dry Cleaning
The main reason you would buy the Tineco Floor One and a feature that sets it apart from the competition is the ability to vacuum and mop at the same time. It’s basically like having a fully functional cordless vacuum and mop in one convenient machine. And as mentioned above it will automatically detect what type of mess is in front of it (dirt, mud, liquid, or food particles) and adjust the suction/water flow in the best manner. While you can control these settings when needed it is much more convenient to let the S5 do the hard work for you.
The hard floors will also be fully dry in about 5 minutes as the machine uses less water than similar sized cleaners. This is a big advantage as the surface will be ready for traffic just about as you are finishing up the room. The standard and Pro models also have larger capacity water tanks that will let you finish a normal sized home without the need to refill/empty the dirty water. The fact that you are using one vacuum to do the vacuuming and mopping is a huge time saver.
The Tineco S5 is a fully cordless combo wet and dry vacuum that cleans all types of hard floor surfaces including tile, sealed hardwood, linoleum, and more. As demonstrated above it has a lot of Smart technology built right in so you can not only track the important aspects of it, but also let it do the hard work for you. The lithium ion battery provides fade-free power for about 30 minutes and the self cleaning mode means even less maintenance after use. It has a lot of positive online consumer reviews and comes with a relatively competitive price tag. For more information and to check availability click here to visit our recommended online supplier.