Samsung is a well known brand in the home electronics industry but not so much with vacuum cleaners. They certainly don’t have the recognition that dyson or hoover have but when you take a look at their cordless lineup you will be quite surprised. The Jet series is built for floor to ceiling cleaning without being tethered to an electric outlet. This is the future of vacuums as everyone knows by now so it is nice to have another quality brand to choose from. We will compare their Jet 70, 75, and 90 to see which one is best for your situation.
This review will go over all of the similarities between the different models as well as the key differences. While there will be more things that are the same it is important to know if the more expensive 90 Complete is worth it for your home. It’s also important to note just how far the battery technology has improved in the vacuum industry. Cordless vacuums typically come with powerful lithium ion batteries that give you fade-free power right up until they are completely discharged. They are lighter and can quickly convert to a handheld configuration to give it many advantages over a larger corded upright.
- Turbo Action Brush spins the brush roll more than 3,700 times per minute while rotating 180 degrees to pick up dirt and dust from all types of floors
- Lightweight Design of this stick vacuum makes it easy to carry around your home, even up and down stairs
- Removable Batteries let you easily charge it while off the vacuum or you can mount it on the wall
- Jet Cyclone prevents build up of debris on the filter (more on that below) so you don’t lose any power during use
- Advanced Performance of 150 or 200 air watts (depending on model) to give you the power to pull embedded dust mites out of the carpet
- Clean Station is an optional standalone auto empty dustbin that empties your Jet vacuum without expelling any dirt particles back into your home
The Samsung Jet cordless vacuum comes with what they call their Digital Inverter Motor in a couple of different sizes. The Jet 70 is rated at about 150 air watts while the 75 and 90 put out about 200 air watts. This is also complemented by their clog reducing technology to keep the suction consistent throughout the entire cleaning session. The internal cyclones help redirect the air with such force that the dust particles cannot settle anywhere which means they won’t impede the power. The ratings of the motors also tell us that the 70 is designed mainly for hard floors and lower pile carpets while the other models can handle all types of carpets. The extra power is needed to pull any embedded dust mites up from the fibers.
When looking for a new cordless vacuum cleaner the battery technology is one of the most important considerations. Like all the major brands the Samsung Jet lineup comes with lithium ion batteries that provide fade-free power up until they are drained. On all the models the battery is removable so you can swap out for a second if you need additional runtime or have a large home. The 70 comes with a slightly smaller capacity unit that has about 40 minutes of runtime under normal conditions.
The 75 and 90 as you can imagine have larger battery packs which give you as much as 60 minutes of output. You can charge these vacuums in the docking station mounted on a wall or standing up, and the 90 Complete gives you a dual charging station which can actually handle 2 batteries at once. This is the ultimate solution for larger homes that have mainly carpets, as you will have both all the power you need for the entire home. Samsung has also designed them to maintain about 70% capacity after 5 years of use which is a welcome feature as the replacement batteries can be quite expensive.
Jet Cyclone Filtration
The multi cyclonic Jet filtration system is comprised of 5 different steps to effectively trap 99.99% of the smallest of dust particles as the air passes through. These multiple steps each play their own part in the removal of all sized particles, especially those that you cannot see (allergens). This is especially important for those who suffer from indoor allergies or have asthma. The five stages include:
- Main Cyclone is designed to begin the process by separating larger dust particles
- Metal Mesh Grille Filter then takes over by separating out medium sized dirt and other debris from the air
- Jet Cyclone comprises 9 different cyclones with 27 air inlets to remove finer dust that makes it through the first 2 stages
- Ultra Fine Dust Filter is what filters out those microscopic particles down to 0.3 microns in size, comparable to a high quality HEPA filter
- Washable Micro Filter is the last filtration point for anything that has made it this far which is usually almost nothing
Here is a quick video from Samsung that not only demonstrates the filtration but also shows the other main characteristics of the Jet cordless lineup:
The Jet lineup provides some “Smart Capabilities” to help you keep track of the status of your vacuum cleaner. With a quick glance down you can see various notifications including the type of brush, power level, and remaining battery. You can also get alerts there for certain issues that might arise including clogging or an improperly installed filter.
The main body only weighs about 6 pounds which makes it one of the lightest cordless stick vacuums available today. It has a 180 degree swivel head so you can quickly change directions or reach places that other brands struggle with. The 90 Complete has a 4 step telescopic wand so you can set it to a variety of lengths, while the 70 and 75 has fixed length. One thing that is evident when looking over the Jet is it is built for complete floor to ceiling cleaning no matter what the surface type.
While Samsung isn’t really known for vacuums they really have put forth a great effort in their Jet lineup. The Jet 70 is a great option for those small to medium sized homes with mainly hard floors and low pile carpets. It is very lightweight with a decent amount of battery run time, while also being the least expensive of the 3 models. The 75 and 90 models have larger motors and batteries so they have the power to handle all types of floors including high pile carpeting. The 90 Complete also has the advantage of an adjustable telescopic wand as well as a dual charging station that can charge 2 battery packs if the need arises. It would be the choice for larger homes as you can easily make sure you have both batteries ready to go.
For more information on their lineup and to check current pricing click here to visit our recommended online supplier.