The Neato D series lineup is comprised of multiple robot vacuums that can clean your home on a regular schedule, with virtually no input from you. They have a variety of technological advancements like full WiFi capability, a smart phone app, Go and No Go zones, and unique LaserSmart SLAM with LIDAR™ that works in all kinds of lighting. This makes it one of the most advanced robotic cleaners available today and it’s no surprise Neato is one of the most popular brands.
With multiple models to choose from based on home square footage, you can find a machine for just about any need. To get the most out of your Neato there are some things that are helpful to know. Here are a few tips and tricks to make sure you take full advantage of its’ capabilities:
- To locate your Neato if it is lost or stuck in your home you can push the ‘Locate’ button on the MyNeato app. This causes the vacuum to make a noise so you can quickly find it.
- Moving it mid-cleaning is not recommended as it can become disoriented. If you have to move it you can press the Pause button on the vacuum, pick the machine up, and when done just place it back within 1 foot of where you left.
- Keep the software updated at all times to make sure you always have the latest features.
- To troubleshoot any issues you can click the ‘Error’ link in the MyNeato app for a description and best corrective action. You can also access in-app customer support including live chat with a couple of clicks.
- Replace the filter every couple of months to keep the suction at the optimal level.
- Empty the collection bin after each cleaning to make sure it doesn’t become clogged during use.
- Setup your schedule using the app or have it clean a single room by pressing the Start button on the machine and closing the room off.
Here is a quick video that demonstrates some of the best tips for using your Neato robot vacuum: