The Hoover SmartWash Pet is a full sized carpet washer that is built for the busy home with one or more pets. It has a variety of features that make it just as easy to use as a standard upright vacuum cleaner. Just push it forward to clean and then pull it back towards you to dry. There are no triggers or other buttons that need to be pushed to activate the cleaning solution.
You can use the Spot Chaser™ Pretreat Wand to hit any stains before you run the machine over them and the specially designed antimicrobial FlexForce brushes remove deeply embedded dirt while resisting pet odors. Hoover has given a lot of thought to the unique demands of those homes with animals in them.
Getting started with the SmartWash PET is as simple as following a few steps:
- Remove the clean water tank, fill it with warm water, secure the cap, and put it back on the machine
- Remove the solution tank from the back, fill it with their Paws and Claws formula (or something similar), add a booster shot if desired, and put the tank back on
- If using the Spot Chaser wand remove the small pretreat tank, add the pretreat solution, and re-secure it to the wand
- Now you can press the release to remove the wand, aim it at any spots, push the button to pre-treat, and wait for the solution to soak into the fibers
- Press the foot pedal to recline and the foot button to turn the carpet cleaner on
- Slowly push the SmartWash Pet forward to activate the cleaning and pull back towards you to dry, moving slower than you would vacuuming
- You can use the “dry only” feature if you find your carpets are too wet after repeating these steps
- Attach the hose to the port for use with any tools (ex: on furniture or stairs), use the trigger to activate the solution and the brush to scrub away the stains
Here is a quick video they put together to demonstrate this entire process. You will be deep cleaning your carpets in no time!