The LG A9 CordZero is one of the best whole house cordless vacuums you can find today. It has a lot of suction power and extended battery runtime so you can clean a large home on a single charge. The power output is comparable to the best Dyson models which makes it an ideal choice for any home, especially those with one or more pets.
It is important to remember that regular filter maintenance will greatly extend the life of the vacuum and keep it operating like it was the day you unboxed it. It is recommended to clean the pre-filter, exhaust filter, and large dust separator filter at least once a month. This may need to be done more if you have pets, a lot of carpets, or wear your shoes around while inside. Fortunately the overall process is simple and only takes a few minutes. Here are the steps that LG recommends taking on their flagship A9:
- Turn the vacuum off, empty the dust bin, and remove battery before starting
- Twist open the lid on the vacuum body, you will see that the exhaust filter is built right into the lid
- The green pre-filter sits in the main body and can be removed once the lid is off
- Shake off any debris first and then use a small brush to remove finer particles (over the garbage can) or outside with a can of compressed air (directing air from the outside in)
- To remove the large dust separator filter insert the crevice tool into the large dust separator and turn it counter clockwise
- Shake off debris from the separator over a garbage can or outside
- Use a small brush to get fine debris off (similar to other filters above)
- Can also use water to remove stubborn dust (see video below), and let them dry for 24 hours before re-installing
- Once filters are clean re-install pre filter first and then exhaust filter (lid) by turning clockwise until white indicators are aligned
- Insert the large dust separator into the motor housing and use the crevice tool by turning clockwise to lock it in place
- Put the battery back in
Here is a quick video that demonstrates this whole process from start to finish. Once you do the process a couple times you will realize just how simple it actually is.