The Dyson cordless vacuum lineup has several models including the new V11 Outsize. It is a powerful, smart, cordless vacuum that offers more suction than any other vacuum cleaner they have ever produced. With both a full-sized bin and large, easy-to-clean cleaner head this machine truly is an appliance of the 21st century. Dyson vacuums always have a variety of features and the quality is excellent. The fact that you can expect to get 10 plus years of use is another good reason why they have become so popular.
One of the reasons Dyson vacuums have become so popular is because of the outstanding suction and filtration performance. The V11 Outsize takes this to a whole other level (more on that below) to make it the best cordless stick vacuum they have ever produced. It is simple to use, easy to clean, and affordable when you consider all the features you are getting.
Before we start a more indepth look in several categories, here we have some main features to think about when considering purchasing Dyson V11 Outsize vacuum cleaners.
- High Torque XL Cleaner Head gives you 25% more coverage when compared to their standard Torque Drive vacuum.
- 0.5 Gallon Dust Bin is 150% bigger than what is found on the standard V11.
- Smart Capabilities include a digital display showing remaining runtime, maintenance alerts, and other operating information.
- 3 Cleaning Modes Eco, Auto, and Boost to give you the right performance setting for each cleaning task.
- Cleans Carpets and Hard Floors via the integrated digital motor (in the cleaner head) for carpets and carbon fibre filaments for fine dust.
- Removable Battery Pack lets you charge one battery while vacuuming with the other, giving you up to 120 minutes of runtime.
- Dyson DLS™ Technology automatically senses when you change types of floors to adapt the suction power.
- Drop In Docking lets you easily charge on the wall mount by sliding the V11 in when not in use.
When you have a vacuum that is designed for entire household cleaning, even if it is a cordless one, filtration becomes a very important consideration. Dyson is actually transitioning away from large corded vacuums and have pushed all of their technology into machines like the V11 Outsize. The result is what they call “Advanced whole machine filtration” that traps more than 99% of allergens like dust mites and mold spores from the air before it is expelled back into your home. HEPA filters are among the best at doing this and when you consider their system is fully sealed there is almost no chance for dirt particles to escape once they are trapped.
The V11 is also marketed as a vacuum cleaner that is designed for homes with pets. The filtration is a big part of that since it will remove microscopic dander that you cannot see but can certainly cause an allergic reaction. Sure it is good to have a model with tremendous suction power (more on that in a minute) but you also need filters that can clean the air completely. The lifetime fully washable ones found on the Outsize are just right for the job.
Today’s cordless vacuums come with the latest in lithium ion battery technology. These batteries can produce tremendous power for prolonged periods of time, and in most cases the power won’t fade as the unit is drained. This solves the many problems that plagued earlier versions of stick vacs that were little more than glorified power brooms. Now you will find models that have even more power than their corded counterparts.
The V11 Outsize not only comes with removable, rechargeable lithium ion packs but it is their only cordless model that is offered with 2 batteries. This is a big advantage for large sized homes as you can always have one charging while you are using the other. With both fully charged, Dyson claims up to 120 minutes of runtime but this will obviously depend on what type of floor you are cleaning and what attachments you are using. The bottom line is you will have enough power to finish your entire household in one session and you won’t be tied to finding an electric outlet as you move around.
If there is one thing Dyson is known for throughout their robust lineup it’s suction power. They built the V11 to be their most powerful cordless vacuum which is really impressive considering how stout their V10 is. It all starts with their newly designed Hyperdymium™ motor which spins as much as 125,000 RPMs on the Max power setting. When compared to other similar vacuums they claim it will generate about twice the suction power at the cleaner head!
The internal Radial Root Cyclone™ technology will direct the air through their patented cyclones to produce tremendous centrifugal forces. Not only does this work in unison with the motor to keep the power high but it also separates the dust from the air so it cannot clog the pathways. The dust particles end up in the collection bin instead of settling inside. The result is constant power that does not slow down over time.
One other thing to mention about the Dyson V11 is their Dynamic Load Sensing which will adapt to the type of floor you are on and adjust the power accordingly. This is what the “Auto” mode does and it not only makes sure you have enough power when vacuuming thicker carpets but also will help prolong the runtime. The battery will only be using as much power as it needs which gives you the perfect balance during use.
Outsize Vs Torque Drive Vs Animal
With the V11 you actually have the choice between 4 different models: Outsize, Outsize Origin, Torque Drive, and Animal. They all have the same base including motor but with different accessories and configurations. Each will operate as a stick or in handheld mode so you do have the flexibility to clean any surface from floor to ceiling. Here is the model comparison:
- Animal – 8 accessories including the High Torque cleaning head, mini motorized tool, combo and crevice tools, stubborn dirt brush, wand storage, wall mount docking station, and charger. Think of the Animal as their base V11 model.
- Torque Drive – 9 accessories including everything found on the Animal plus a mini soft dusting brush as well as easy to read LCD screen.
- Outsize Origin – 9 accessories including everything found on the Torque Drive but a larger XL sized High Torque cleaning head. You also get a larger dust bin and removable (click in) battery for easier charging.
- Outsize – 11 accessories including everything found on the Origin plus an extra click in battery and charger. This gives you up to 120 minutes of runtime and the size you need to clean large homes. This is their top of the line V11 offering.
Cordless vacuums have become the cleaner of choice of the last several years. When Dyson first started they developed mostly corded vacuum cleaners but now their main focus is on their cord-free lineup. They have really embraced the convenience of this technology and have developed machines with just as much cleaning ability as larger, much heavier corded uprights. When you use a V11 for the first time you will quickly realize how easy it is to use!
The V11 is powerful enough to clean all types of floors and has a long lasting lithium ion battery (or batteries). The Smart capabilities not only give you full insight into the state of the vacuum but also help adjust power to conserve your charge as much as possible. The technology found on it is truly remarkable and a big step forward for the industry.
The Outsize Origin is recommended for larger homes where you want to get the whole cleaning session done on a single charge. You get the 2 batteries and chargers so you can make sure both are ready to go when you are. It has the larger cleaning head and dust bin, plus an incredible amount of suction power. The standard Outsize with a single battery is fine for small to medium sized homes or those with mostly hard floors. One thing to remember is even if you buy the standard Outsize you can always purchase an extra removable battery at a later time. For more information and to read online consumer reviews, click here to visit our recommended supplier.