A pool can provide countless hours of summertime fun for the entire family. There is nothing better than jumping in to cool off during a hot and sunny day. While this is definitely something to look forward to, it is not as much fun if the pool water is dirty or the liner is covered in grime. A vacuum cleaner is a must have tool for those who want to keep their pool looking like new. You can either do it by hand or buy a robotic vacuum to do it for you.
One big advantage to buying a robot cleaner instead of a manual one is it runs independent of your filter system. This means it can run on its’ own even when your filter is off. You can let the filter do what it does best without being bogged down with powering the vacuum.
Things To Consider When Shopping Around
- Need a GFCI outlet even though it is lower voltage
- Find a lighter model since you will be lifting it in and out of the pool
- Look for wide rubber tires and all wheel drive if possible
- Make sure it has high quality brushes that are good for scrubbing
- Get a programmable timer so you can let it run while you are not at home
- Buy one that can climb walls and stairs since those are places that grime really collects
- When done take it out of the water and clean off the chemicals thoroughly
Here is a really helpful video that covers these points and more in greater detail. It will help you decide on the best robotic vacuum cleaner for your backyard paradise.