The Bissell Pet Stain Eraser™ is a portable, fully cordless carpet cleaner that is ready to remove virtually all pet messes from your carpets. Even though it is much smaller than other carpet cleaners it still has many of the same features found on them including being able to store the formula directly in the tank. This cuts down on floor prep time and makes your job that much easier. Once the machine is loaded up with the correct formula you can begin tackling those tough spots.
There are a couple of different models to choose from: the PowerBrush or their standard Pet Stain Eraser (more on that later). This gives you a couple of choices depending on the size and number of pets you have as well as the expected amount of use. The ready to use formula is also unique in that it doesn’t require any mixing of water, though when you look at the handheld machine up close you will see there really isn’t room for a separate water tank. Plus the weight is under 5 pounds and that would be much more with additional fluids on board.
- Portable Power uses lithium ion batteries to lift and remove embedded stains anywhere you need to go
- Multi Faceted Cleaning by using spray, scrub, and then suction to agitate any particles before pulling them up into the dirty water container
- Ready To Use Formula doesn’t require any mixing of water, just add it in and the Pet Stain Eraser is ready to begin cleaning
- Great For Upholstery as the portable design along with powerful suction can remove stains from your furniture and bedding as well
- More Effective Than Spray as this handheld cleaner combines warm cleaning formula with powerful suction to completely remove stains in an efficient manner
- Supports Bissell Pet Foundation as a portion of every purchase goes towards helping to save homeless pets
PowerBrush Vs Standard
This portable Bissell carpet cleaner comes in a couple of different models or configurations: the PowerBrush and their standard Pet Hair Eraser. The standard model is a bit more compact and has all the features listed above in our Main Features section. The PowerBrush is a bit larger but still maintains the sub 5 pound weight that their Eraser lineup is known for. While the tank capacity is only around 8 ounces you need to remember this compact carpet cleaner is designed for smaller areas and quick mess clean-ups, not for entire room cleaning. For something like that you would want a full sized upright machine with dual tanks and a large cleaning path.
The PowerBrush model also comes with their rotating “PowerBrush” that really goes to work on embedded pet stains. You also get a stationary pet tool for some of the above the floor surfaces like furniture and even the favorite dog bed. Not only will this cordless powerhouse remove stains but it will also eliminate odors, leaving your home fresh and clean.
Here is a quick video overview of the PowerBrush model in action:
When you are researching any cordless vacuum or carpet cleaner the technology found in the batteries is very important. You want to have a battery that is not too difficult to charge and will last for enough time to complete the job. You also want one that won’t slowly fade away the power as the battery is drained. Instead you want it to maintain near max power right up until it has basically expended the entire charge.
Both Bissell Pet Stain Eraser models come with a lithium ion battery that takes a little over 4 hours to fully charge when drained. You can expect it to give you 15 to 20 minutes of solid runtime which is usually more than enough to get multiple stains clean. You will notice that the machine doesn’t feel like it is losing power as well, even when the battery gets very low. This is a far cry from prior generation batteries that would be virtually unusable after half drained. And the overall power output is at least comparable to a similarly sized corded cleaner, and in many cases even higher!
Focus On Pets
It’s no surprise that Bissell has focused these models on cat and dog owners since those are the families that tend to have the most messes to clean up. If a household has one or more pets there will undoubtedly be the occasional urine stain on the carpet or caked on mud brought in from outdoors. If you want your carpets to stay as close to new as possible you will need to occasionally wash the dirt and other grime off the fibers. The Pet Stain Eraser was made just for this.
The PowerBrush model in particular is very equipped to handle these types of messes. With the rotating brush and stationary pet tool, along with the specially designed PRO OXY Spot and Stain Formula there is almost no animal stain that will be left behind. In fact, Bissell has been rated the #1 brand in deep cleaners for residential use by the NPD Group after looking over unit sales over a 12 month period. And if this wasn’t enough, Bissell also has their own Pet Foundation and will donate a portion of every sale to helping save homeless dogs and cats.
When looking over online consumer reviews for both models we found that comments were mostly positive which reflects an overall positive experience using it. Here are some of the positive statements:
- It’s light and easy to take wherever you need to go. Especially when I was going from one room to another cleaning up spots.
- Easy to read manual for a quick set up process. I was also able to remove an old pet stain on our cream rug!
- The machine is well engineered with the ability to remove nozzle covers and tanks easily for cleaning. The buttons are nicely labeled and easy to figure out.
We did also find a couple of negatives but those seem to be isolated and not a pattern:
- Does not hold a charge very long…like 20 minutes. And the suction doesn’t remove all of the solution which leaves the carpet wet.
- Doesn’t seem to scrub thicker pile carpeting as good as you would expect. It also doesn’t have a high suction to extract the cleaning solution.
Overall, the Bissell Pet Stain Eraser is a capable little carpet cleaner that is not only cordless but also has enough power to tackle embedded messes. It comes with their specially formulated cleaning solution that requires no mixing with water, helping to keep the machine as light as possible. Keep in mind that it is built more for quick pick-up and spots, not for entire room cleaning. For those types of chores you would want a full sized carpet cleaner like their ProHeat 2X Revolution.
But for what this was designed for it is an excellent choice. Click here for more information and to check current pricing at our recommended supplier.